Class War For Idiots / September 15, 2009

bum-harassing-or-ucp-checkin

Memphis—or Memfrica, as we call it—is a city where all that is fucked up about America is taken to the extreme. I recently fled this festering dung heap of a ghetto for Russia, where I’ll be getting educated and properly laid, and the more I think back to my hometown, the more I realize how truly screwed we are as a nation. I talk to people around here a lot about how ugly and sexless Stateside women are and mock the proud slave mindset of working class middle America. I tell them about how we have more prisoners than authoritarian China could ever dream off, with about a fifth of the globe”s prison population. Sometimes, I start to wonder though. Am I the crazy one because I think America sucks ass? This is home, after all.

But then, a story comes along that once again, regretfully, reaffirms and justifies my hatred. A few weeks ago, the local Memphis rag produced a blowjob piece about some policewoman who spent a year as an undercover cop.

Memphis, the article tells us, is home to a “unique” undercover program in that it focuses on long term immersion rather than just the normal game of entrapping the utterly desperate, i.e., the only people who would try to buy dope or a blowjob from someone they don’t know. (The crackheads and creeps are smart enough to realize American freedom is a myth.)

From my experience there, most undercover cops are pretty easy to spot in the hood. Last year, I was walking into a Fred’s (a general store kinda like a ghetto Walgreen’s) when a clean-cut 30-year-old black dude in a collared shirt came up and asked me if I wanted to buy some “crack.” In Memphis, black dudes that get in the dope game start when they’re 14-15. By the time they’re 30, they’re either dead, in prison, wheelchair bound junkies or, rarely, have moved on with their lives. It’s nothing against dope, that’s just the way it is down here. So, I just said to the guy “Dude, get the fuck out of here. You’re a fucking cop.” And he got embarrassed and left as everyone in the parking lot started laughing at him.

But, the more I thought about it, I decided they must have to start programs like this out of necessity. Because if they want to have any presence in the hood at all, it’s going to have to be in the form of spies. In my North Memphis neighborhood, for example, cops are not allowed in. At all. There was an easy truce for a while where The Gangster Disciples—the street gang that controls much of North North–allowed periodic daytime patrols. They put an end to that after the cops ran over and then shot some kid on my street one Friday night awhile back. I still love the opening paragraph to that story:

“The death of 18-year-old Timothy Jones, who was killed in an exchange of gunfire with police Thursday night, was but the most tragic event in an ongoing battle over control of the area near Northside High School, police said.”

The reality is that, like in Afghanistan and Iraq, no one has a monopoly on violence in Memphis. Cops won’t respond to calls in the area because they’re usually setups, where someone is waiting behind a building or on a rooftop to pop a couple of shots at whoever shows up in blue. Not that anyone would want the cops to come anyway. At night, GD’s with AK47’s and baseball bats wrapped in barb wire patrol the streets making sure nobody breaks into anything or nobody tries selling drugs or sex that isn’t supposed to be. You can sure as hell can trust the GD more than the cops. You never know if a cop is going to turn out to be crooked or not.

A while back, there were some B & E’s in the area that the GD’s weren’t behind. A GD who lived across the street from me came over to my house to tell me to keep an eye out for anything strange because “shit been goin’ down we ‘idn’t know ‘bout.” Talk about service.

On the street, you can buy a junk AK-47 for $80, which I’m happy to report is cheaper than the going rate in Mogadishu .

So I didn’t see a cop in my neighborhood for six or seven months unless you count nighttime helicopter patrols. But, they cop the choppers up pretty high, if I may use the local dialect. But then, one Sunday morning I heard some yelling next door and looked out my kitchen window to see a couple of cops tasering and beating my neighbor with their clubs. I’m guessing they were driving by a little earlier and they saw him smoking pot on his front porch, which he did basically all day every day–and then he ran away. Big mistake. After they arrested him, one cop drove him off in the backseat of the squad car and the other cop took my neighbor’s car. I haven’t seen him or the car since then. The poor fucker’s prolly locked up for 20 years in some Nebraska gulag. It’s a shame too because he was a nice guy, wasn’t a GD and didn’t even deal. These are the type guys who get taken down in the big busts.

But, if you don’t want to take my word for it on Memfrica being a fucked up, deadly place to live, then check out this quote from an Iraq war vet who spent six months in town, couldn’t handle the heat, and is dropping his tail and balling out on the double:

“’I saw a lot in Iraq,’ Hand said. ‘I got used to it. But here, when I go into a convenience store, I get what I need and get out real fast because you never know.’”

I tell all this to paint a picture of just how stupidly brave and pathetic a cop would have to be to go undercover in Memphis. If the cop got ratted out, his or her head would be buried in the countryside, and the torso tossed into the Mississippi off the Old Bridge, and it’d be hard to ever find out who actually did it.

But, I guess the “can do” attitude of corporate America has even permeated Memphis’ worst because this undercover cop April Leatherwood spent a year, and I quote,

“roam(ing) the streets of Memphis in the same foul-smelling shirt. She didn’t shower, brush her teeth or shave her legs. She stood outside neighborhood corner stores, smoking, befriending crack addicts so they’d take her to their dealers. . .

“As Summer Smith [Just about every burnt-out junkie white bitch in Memphis is named Summer–Author], Leatherwood followed addicts into houses without electricity or plumbing, where people defecated in buckets. Sometimes she watched toddlers run around while their drug-dealer dads played video games and sold crack to customers with guns lying on the table.

“She talked her way out of unwanted sexual advances and always scanned the room for a way out if a deal went bad.”

And she did it all for a measly $45,000. That’s what they pay.

Leatherwood claims to never have gotten fucked/raped or to have done any drugs while undercover. How she got away with that without losing her cover is beyond me.

The truly horrifying part, if you’re an American man, is this:

“Leatherwood’s work came at a cost. She lost a three-year relationship.”

That’s right, some American women would rather spend a year shitting in trash cans and sleeping beside dumpsters without the stress relief of a little coke than to fuck their men.

stakeout1

Stakeout?

The cops say Leatherwood’s undercover work “. . .resulted in more than 280 arrests — from low-level drug peddlers to big-name dealers.”

First off, most everything the cops say for PR is pure bullshit. Second, they didn’t arrest anybody but low level bums and kids because that‘s who hangs out with and sells to junkies with “brown, greasy hair“ and “feet. . .covered by the same filthy pair of socks for an entire year.”

What‘s really fucked up is, this is a city where huge multinationals like FedEx, International Paper and Autozone are headquartered. You should see the executives’ vampire castles out in the suburbs. Yet, Memphis’ infant mortality rates, hordes of illiterates and crappy public education facilities are comparable to those in the Third World, and the city is perpetually broke. What little money there is is used to subsidize big business or else it’s showered on the cops to bust low-level drifters, hustlers and wayward teens.

Just read this fucking quote about Memphis congressman Steve Cohen’s trip to Liberia and Ghana:

“Cohen noted that the parts of West Africa he has visited have an infant mortality problem similar to the one in the 9 th Congressional District.”

The idea of an American city being comparable in anything to a war torn African shithole makes me want to slam my head in a fucking door.

colonial-crack-house-on-princeton-ave

Colonial crackhouse on Princeton Ave.

It turns out the original undercover slave, Joe Pistone a.k.a. Donnie Brasco is living in Memphis now, directing the undercover center modeled after FBI procedures.

“Last week, April talked about her undercover experience to a group of police officers from across the country who participated in the Memphis Police Department’s undercover school. At the behest of Director Larry Godwin, Sherman created the program 3-1/2 years ago, modeling it after the FBI’s undercover certification course at Quantico, Va., where he trained.

Since then, 10 classes of officers have participated, three at the Regional Counterdrug Training Academy at the Naval Air Station in Meridian, Miss. There, officers attend presentations and role-play in a small area of the base called Mount City, which is modeled after the FBI’s Hogan’s Alley. It’s like a movie set, with a two-floor motel, a trailer outfitted to look like an inner-city row house, a pharmacy and other buildings.”

It sounds like a lot of fucking money being spent to figure out ways to lock up a lot of people who don’t matter and won’t change a fucking thing that’s tragic in Memphis. But, just look at the reader comments on the original article. It’s all congratulations and glorifying the spy rat fuck. It’s what the people want: a police state with no social safety nets where anyone without a “can do” attitude who dares to derive a little pleasure from their miserable existence as corporate slaves gets shipped off to the gulags.

I’ve lived in the hood, and I’ve lived in the mind numbingly boring, sterile, robotic, sexless, soulless and artless suburbs. I can tell you, they’re locking up the wrong people.

Read more: , , , , Tal Sutsa, Class War For Idiots

• 1. BD  |  September 20th, 2009 at 2:45 pm

49: This website should censor all the idiots like us. It’s too bad, because I enjoyed many of the older articles.

• 2. aleke  |  September 20th, 2009 at 2:58 pm

captain america, give it up. you are not going to get anywhere with this crowd being a neocon propagandist writing a review on this Summer’s Hot New Epic Movie Sequel!!

Long Live America, Sponsored by Doritos!

• 3. Mike  |  September 20th, 2009 at 11:03 pm

hajime: Naperville is a center of culture, business, and society compared to the real far west burbs. Try living in Dekalb, Rockford, or many of the smaller tracts of sprawl in between: Hampshire, Pingree Grove, etc.

Elgin, Naperville, Aurora. . .not too bad. Plenty of local jobs, some colleges, mindless consumption. And if that’s not enough, at least you can hop on Metra to get to work downtown or hang out at punk shows in Logan Square, hipster bars in Wicker Park, infoshops and dive mex joints in Pilsen, free lectures in Lincoln Park, squats in Laundale, etc all that Chicago has to offer. You can at least get to Chicago within an hour from the boom burbs. Living in the exurbs means driving an hour just to get groceries.

• 4. adolphhitler  |  September 21st, 2009 at 7:55 am

@ 51…i dont know BD, i kinda would have liked to see what you said

• 5. Chris  |  September 22nd, 2009 at 6:33 am

Carlos quote:

“I have a question: If USA isn’t #1, who is? The thing about the USA isn’t that it’s perfect, something that is unattainable. It’s just better than the rest, and the rest, especially Belarus, suck hard.”

This is just one bit of hyperbole that you have spewed that you cant possibly back up with anything other than your assertion…It is beyond my motivation to point out the logical flaws and intellectual dishonesty in the rest of your diatribe.

You use educated language and references, but your arguments are fairly hollow and lack a foundation. Have you lived in enough countries to back up your assertions? If not, what data do you have to back up your opinions? Have you lived as a poor person in Memphis or any other urban ghetto? I seriously doubt that you have the experience or other reference points to back up your very long statements, which due to their lack of logic and abundance of exaggeration, are difficult to read.

• 6. Carlos  |  September 22nd, 2009 at 7:37 am

Chris,

I don’t know if my statement is hyperbolic, but it is opinion. But as hyperbolic as it is, no one has yet offered a country that’s better. And that statement doesn’t lack a foundation. There are scads of data on income, opportunity, etc. from independent sources (i.e., not the US government)

And being poor in an urban ghetto in the US is still shitloads better than being a poor person in any other country. In fact, the poor in other countries dream of being a poor person in the US. Anyway, like I said, the US isn’t perfect and every nation has it’s creepy underbelly. If that’s the way you want to judge, great, but you’ll come to the depressing conclusion that everything sucks.

And I have lived abroad and traveled abroad greatly. And not on business in swanky Westernized hotels. It’s just that I’m not infected with that ex-pat, ingratiate-with-the-natives, bash my native country drivel that you hear in hostels around the world and that’s echoed by the posters on this site. Fuck, y’all don’t have it that bad. And if you just feel the pain of all those who suffer from injustice, then wah-fucking-wah, bleeding heart. Either shut the fuck up, slit your wrists, or do something about it. And venting on the exiled is not doing something about it. Join the fucking Peace Corps, work for Oxfam, hell, volunteer in the US ghettos. Living there and feeling the “realness” of it all is just bullshit sociological tourism.

Or you could quit whining, take responsiblity for your life, work hard, and prosper. It’s up to you. And that’s not neocon babble. It’s utterly realistic.

• 7. playin' risk  |  September 22nd, 2009 at 9:53 am

carlos is living it up. memphis (and countless other urban and rural areas) are so dangerous, impoverished, and beleaguered than the worst areas of similarly developed nations, yet carlos fails to see how it’s emblematic of some american problem.

1980s economic trickle down theory at its best. it inspired the corporate owned media to blame the newly unemployed middle class for their outsourced jobs. it hailed 7 figure incomes to various financial chiefs as ‘deserved’. it’s also a manipulation of the ayn rand type libertarianism, mixed with USA#1 boosterism, all serving a small percentage of the elite. millions of stupid voters have fallen for it. carlos is just another one of them.

he’s never seen the inferior nations and some of their policies like universal healthcare, education, a social safety net, public transit, etc. as opposed to a democratic system that’s been subverted by militarism and plutocracy.

carlos will issue another response. but why bother? carlos is interchangeable with the idiots described by ames and levine in their articles.

• 8. Carlos  |  September 22nd, 2009 at 11:14 am

“i’m assuming carlos has never actually ventured into the ghetto. he doesn’t realize society isn’t a meritocracy, and many of the ghetto dwellers aren’t deserving of their fate.”

Why the fuck would I go there? I have met and talked to plenty of people who have left the ghetto through hard work. You can choose to disbelieve me, but it’s the truth. And you can also choose to disbelieve that people in the ghetto don’t have choices. You choose to go to school or not go to school. You choose to smoke rock or not smoke rock. You choose to be a prostitute or not be a prostitute. I’m not saying that you’ll end up as some bullshit Horatio Alger success, but you’ll be better off than you started if you make good choices. Do you dispute that? (And what about you, playin’ risk? You down, son? You keepin’ it realz? Or do you just subscribe to Source?)

You also ascribe opinions to me that I never espoused. It’s laughable that corporate titans make 8 figure incomes. No one is that important. It’s also just tough shit that people’s jobs got outsourced, but unless you want to me a modern day luddite, you have to accept the fact that as technology changes, jobs change, industries change, and economies change. What’s next, are you going to shed tears for all the out-of-work transistor tube makers?

“millions of stupid voters have fallen for it.” I love the “I-figured-it-all-out-everyone-else-is-an-idiot” sentiment behind so many of the posts here. If you figured it all out, then why the fuck are you still here? And where else are you going to go where the same bullshit you hate so much is different? You talk about those “inferior” countries, (by the way to you mean Cuba, the Scandanavian nations, or New Zealand?) but if you think life is hunky-dory there and there’s an absence of elites, you’re a complete idiot. I’ve been to Cuba. One ruling class was substituted for another. I’ve been to Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Those countries are pretty awesome, but your fooling yourself if you think they are that much different than the U.S. They used to be homogenous, but with the influx of Turkish and other Islamic immigrants in the past 15 years, they aren’t as idyllic as they used to be. In fact there is just as strong of an anti-immigrant feeling there as here. And many native Scandies are dumbstruck that the Turks are more than willing to get on the dole and not work. It’s inconceivable to them.

Anyway, if those countries weren’t the ones you were thinking of, please let me know which ones you were thinking of. You rattled off a list of great things in those inferior countries, but no country is as large and diverse as the U.S. Sure, you can toss out China, but if you hate elites, than you’ll detests China. India is big too, but it’s still a shithole despite it’s recent economic advacement. But please counter with specifice examples.

• 9. playin' risk  |  September 22nd, 2009 at 12:15 pm

go on carlos, tell the world how much of a schmuck you are.

you do realize you’re writing out all sorts of stuff, but really saying nothing?

• 10. tommy chadwick  |  September 22nd, 2009 at 8:14 pm

cordon it off and firebomb or nuke (preferably) it. rinse and repeat where needed

• 11. captain america  |  September 23rd, 2009 at 6:03 pm

carlos seems to be saying stuff to me, but that could be because i’m a neocon…um…whatever it was comrade aleke/mark ames called me a few posts ago.

as far as BD, i can only imagine that he’s come up with some argument so profound, so poignant, that the whole idealogical house of cards that is the exiled would come tumbling down were it allowed to be expressed.

so, yay exile censor!

• 12. SK  |  September 23rd, 2009 at 7:11 pm

Life would be so much simpler if ethnic cleansing weren’t so frowned upon.

• 13. Abracadabra  |  September 23rd, 2009 at 10:54 pm

C’mon guys, the only reason you enjoy your stay over there in RU/BY/UA is because you are foreigners. You are privileged by definition. Being local there is quite a different story.

I lived in Russia until almost 30, when I finally got a chance to get the fuck out of that hopeless, human flesh eating shithole, run by British whores. Yeah, I bet you had no idea that Russia is a british crypto-colony, since 1917 ?

America is a dream, an idea, a glow that warmed hearts and minds of many people now and then, and around the world. It’s that glow of american dream that gave me strength to get out, to learn the language, and to finally become happy here on this blessed soil. Blessed because it is free of all that century-old crap that made peoples of europe to blissfully slaughter themselves in the name of their nations. You have no fucking idea what it is REALLY LIKE outside.

Yes, that idea slowly retreats, and now mostly stays in the minds and hearts of the people who still beleive in it. So more SHAME ON YOU, so called Americans ! If you can only give up, flee and fail your heroic forefathers, well, fuck you then. People like me are stepping in to take the lead to keep this dream alive.

Never give up, never surrender – the only way to keep this great country alive !

• 14. captain america  |  September 25th, 2009 at 5:24 am

i’m shocked and flabbergasted that abracadabra up there made it past the exiled censor, but dammit, i’m glad he did. couldn’t have said it better…almost brought a tear to my eye reading that, actually. would to god that we could get all the pseudo-marxist america-hating hipsters of the type who threaten to move to canada to ACTUALLY LEAVE and replace them with good immigrants like you, sir.

• 15. Iban  |  September 27th, 2009 at 7:56 pm

Messed up. The bad stuff ain’t begun yet. Wait until the Chinese pull the plug and petrol is traded in Euros and Yuan.

• 16. RK  |  September 30th, 2009 at 12:29 pm

Hey glad to see the reporting from Memphis. If you ever need any photos out of Memphis pls feel free to contact. I used to live in Moscow from 96-2002 and loved the parties and the Exile.

• 17. Viktor  |  October 4th, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Well, since we seem to be trying to sway the opinion of our opponents through personal anecdotes, let me put in my two cents. This is chiefly in response to Abracadabra, as well as the neocon crowd. I am a Russian, I grew up in St. Petersburg, and lived the first half of my life in that city. I remember the 90’s pretty well- I grew up in a poor single-parent household, and while my family did its best to shield me from the realities of Russian life at the time, I remember the smell of smoke and urine in the elevators, the drunks lying on the streets. I remember being scared for my life every time I walked back home from school. I remember the storming of Ostankino and Chechnya.
    The second half of my life I spend in one of the richest and most developed suburban regions in the United States. My first impressions were positive,as only a child’s could be, but with every year the mind-numbing idiocy of my surroundings began to penetrate deeper into my consciousness. I did not think, until I began reading the “Exile”, and Mark Ames in particular, that an American could really, viscerally, understand the emptiness of middle-class American existence, because I was surrounded by people who were utterly blind to it. I visited Russia since then; coming back to the US the last time, I began to cry in despair- not when I was boarding the plane, not even upon touchdown in Dulles, but when driving in the car back to my house I saw the familiar wall of suburban developments.
    Recently, after 12 years of living here, I was offered American citizenship. I refused it. I am leaving this country in a few months, and I will never look back. I have been here for 13 years. I don’t think anyone on this forum could accuse me of being ignorant of the reality- I am intimately familiar with both realities.
    To immigrants and defectors I have this to say: Even if you find the existence in the upper strata of American social pyramid to your liking, you must realize that the privilege in which some (but far fewer than you think) Americans live, and to which you aspire, has been bought and continues to be maintained with the blood of innocents and the toil of millions across the neo-colonized world. How does your conscience allow you to praise a nation that has killed more people across the globe (in military conflicts alone, even in exclusion of deadly neo-colonial policies, genocide-by-proxy, and economic sanctions) than any other since Nazi Germany?
    I also sincerely apologize for my opinions to any Americans here that truly love their country, love it in a way that only someone horrified by the crimes of the U.S. government, by the relationship of the upper-middle class to those below them- one that oscillates between indifference and predation-, by the blandness and idiocy of the American mainstream, can love it, in the same way I love my own fucked-up country.

• 18. Memphis  |  October 26th, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Viktor, all I can say is, right on man, right on man, preach it brotha.

I’ve been all over, lived in a few third world shitholes. Funny, when they ask what it’s like where I’m from, and my response is,”Like here…” the are typically amazed. Memphis does certainly suck, but it is exceptionally hard to get away from as well. It is devoid of any sort of opportunity, and there are no transitional jobs. Heck, I’m an IT guy and there is nothing. Of course, it doesn’t help that thousands, and yes I mean thousands have been laid off in my field over the last two years. I run into the same guys at interviews trying for the same 2 jobs in the paper. Like something out of “Fun with Dick and Jane”. The jobs that are there don’t pay enough to cover the rent. I went from doing systems engineering to freakin’ bouncing in bars. But I digress.

Tal you really did live here huh? GD? Yup, I know some of those cats. Mostly good folk (Nation) in a criminal sort of way. And to the guy asing about the AK’s, yes $80 is conservative, but fairly accurate. And yes, they mostly work, tend to be well used though, and who knows how many bodies the weapon carries – don’t get caught with it.

So Tal, if you left, maybe you haven’t seen our new PSA’s? Chill Don’t Kill? Yes it has come to that…

This is a nice one too, notice the billbord, right out in front of one of the many liquor stores…

I hate this place. Funny story though. If you know me, you’ve heard this, and I apologize in advance… I was walking down Venice Beach, and this cat starts screaming at me, “Hey, don’t come all lookin bad ass up in here, this is LA motherfucker! We will kill you. We’re badder than Chicago, New York, anywhere you ever been.” I just sort of looked at him and said, “I’m from Memphis motherfucker.” He stopped screaming and ran over to me, “ORANGE MOUND IN THA HOUSE! My people are from there, you wanna hotwing?” and promptly tried to make friends. Indeed this is a scary place.

• 19. Joseph Culp  |  December 7th, 2009 at 2:29 am

Coming from a long time exile reader. Tal, you rock! Keep it coming!

• 20. nampa1  |  April 11th, 2010 at 9:27 am

To Expat in BY:

I’m very keen for any info on finding expat jobs. My time abroad was limited to English teaching, but now I have marketable skills in health care, particularly pharma, that I would love to use to life the life again. Anyone, please respond to this post and I will give my contact info.

Thx

• 21. Kim M  |  July 4th, 2010 at 8:52 pm

omg. YOUR ARTICLE IS PRETTY HARSH..Are you not being a little unfair, though I grew up there I can tell you it was never that bad when I was growing up. That city needs help, it has been abondoned by the people who use to live there…I lived in the Hickory Hill area 20 years ago. It was a new neighbor hood at the time..Up and coming, now it is gone..Abondoned malls, stores, crime on every block..Mayor Herrington ran that town in the ground. How it got this bad, is because of all the racism, Herrington played upon. I so wish it would be about fairness for people…regardless of their color..White, Black, it should not matter..Whites are now the minority in Memphis, yet all papers, tv reports in Memphis still label black as the minorities. Oh crap,maybe. the writer is right, it is a bad town now..but there has got to be hope for it…Truth be known, I moved out, too..I would love to see something good though happen..It is my hometown..Not everybody in Memphis are crack heads and whores..Blacks and whites are going to have to live together..There are also many other cultures moving into the mid south area, so it is not a black white issue anymore…There is no time to play the race card anymore..It is about the freedom to live in a town a be safe. It has to be a decision made by the people..for the people.

• 22. Kim M  |  July 4th, 2010 at 9:04 pm

I hope the new mayor can do somthing..But the people have got to quit electing officials that fight and throw chairs at city council meetings..What needs to be done is truly pray and change..I will start doing that more often..That city needs help..does not anyone know how to recoup and restore a city..It will take years, but good Lord, I am hoping for a change. Take the city back, is what I say…

• 23. rofl  |  November 3rd, 2010 at 11:36 pm

you are a communist little 8th grader piece of shit.

I stumbled across your shitty blog on google and I promise you I will not return. Memphis really isn’t that bad, you fucking pussy cry baby. you made half of this shit up anyways.

dipshit.

you are awful.

• 24. afghan vet  |  January 31st, 2011 at 6:23 am

well i just got out of the army serving 5 years active and am originally from memphis and have recently moved back. Bottom line is. Id much rather be in memphis than afghanistan. So is mr. iraqi vet was more scard here than overseas. then he obviously didnt do shit. very true that memphis is messed up, but we have good quality as well. haha not many, but i will say that we have a very unique culture. especially when it comes to music and food. also as an added note. blacks n whites get along very well here. Better than youd think we would anyways. Yeah theres certain places you dont go. But duh!!! thats everywhere. You dont see black people in a white church do you? basically whether youre a crackhead or a betty home maker. You know you’re limits and where you should and not should be.. Bottom line is this.. i found your article interesting but i dont believe half the dumb shit you say.. first off Gds dont overun the cops and patrol the streets with barbed baseball bats!! nor do they all own ak47s! I think you’ve been watching too much of a movie called “warriors”. and second off, if you so-called lived in the ghetto. how the hell did you even get so rich to move to russia, and you dont even speak ghetto or use actual memphis terms! And if you did ever live ” north north” one is…why didnt the GDs whoop your ass for being so “smart” and whiny… and second….what kinda brotha from ghetto decides to move to russia? I mean… i mean seriously… anyone that’s actually from memphis can spot you off as a fake. I think you’ve been listening to too much 36 mafia.. and probably just got your girlfriend a.k.a ” summer smith” taken by a memphis pimp! however i cant wait to read your next article…. “russia doesnt love me either”

• 25. ashley  |  February 17th, 2011 at 8:56 am

this is offensive and you are a complete asshole

• 26. xinwei  |  September 6th, 2011 at 4:47 am

I like the useful info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here often. Im very particular I’ll learn numerous new stuff correct here! Very best of luck for the next!

• 27. Terrance  |  March 2nd, 2012 at 2:22 pm

This is one hell of a serious wake up call for
    America. This is something the corporate folks
    Scared to publish or read

• 28. J.Q. Citizen  |  June 4th, 2012 at 4:44 pm

In journalism, false statements can ruin your credibility. First, You have never seen a Memphis Police Officer “taze” anyone. The department doesn’t issue them. Second, all Memphis city employees, including police and fire, took a 4.63% pay cut last year. That’s a cold “shower”. Your opinions unmask your uninformed lack of empathy and your attitude paints you as a worthless thug. Stay in Russia, Memphis hates you.

• 29. Noneya  |  February 18th, 2013 at 4:46 pm