Fatwah / February 13, 2009

My fellow Americans (as you like to be called), you now have the opportunity to prove that you are not passive slaves, the “sheeple” that they say you are. Over the past few months you’ve been forced to face the awful fact that you’ve been robbed blind on a scale that makes the Russian oligarchy look like squeamish Swedish socialists by comparison. So far, you haven’t done a fucking thing. Haven’t lifted a finger against them. The best you can come up with is either suicide (oo, that’ll teach the plutocrats not to steal your money and ruin you!) or burning your foreclosed houses down (a nice start, but still, why not burn down the bankers’ houses?).

But there’s still time to prove that you’re not passive, pathetic serfs. That’s right Americans, here’s your chance to prove that you’re not slaves, that you won’t just sit there and take it when they steal from you. We know who stole everything from you. They don’t even hide—they’re all over the TV networks, bragging, strutting, laughing at you. We know where they work, and we know what they look like. They’re literally asking for it. Shouldn’t you, Americans, with your guns and your high and mighty talk about how you protect your rights and your property and your families—shouldn’t you, like, do something? They’re responsible for throwing you out of work, out of your house, bankrupting your retirement, destroying your life and your family and everything you’ve worked for. And they don’t even hide it! So, what’re you gonna do about it? Sit there and complain? Call another fucking rightwing radio talkshow and kvetch like an old Jewish grandmother? Do you have any fucking balls left at all?

There are so many deserving targets out there—or rather, let’s call them “opportunities” out there to prove that you’re not the world’s biggest suckers and most passive, pathetic slaves that the planet has ever hosted. I’ll give you one, a real shocker. Her name is Betsy McCaughey, and she wants to fuck you out of health insurance which you can barely afford anyway–so that she can pocket more wealth, along with her plutocrat health care sponsors. If you cannot afford the very best health insurance plan in this country—and chances are, you’re not one of the 10% of this country who can—then what this means is that BETSY MCCAUGHEY WANTS TO KILL YOU IN ORDER TO ENRICH HERSELF. Do you get that? She wants to kill you. It worked for her once, in the 1990s, when she convinced enough Americans to believe that getting universal health coverage was not in their interests, helping push America’s already-low-ranking life expectancy further down the list, making health care less and less affordable. You let her get away with it in the 1990s—your masters didn’t want their taxes raised in order to make your lives healthier and longer, and you, like slaves, identified with your masters’ interests over your own interests. Now she’s at it again. Taking money from health care lobbyists in order to try to convince you, who are already suffering and dying because you don’t have insurance, to continue transferring your money and your health upwards to the super-rich, including her, Betsy McCaughey.

All your survivalist/live-free-or-die lives, you’ve been packing your house full of weapons in the sad belief that some intruder will come in and give you an opportunity to play the hero. But that’s not how it works. You will not be given that chance. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t an intruder in your house, stealing your money, your pension, your health care, and the roof over your head. There are intruders, but you’ll have to go out and find them.

So, here is what I’m going to ask readers: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE BETSY MCCAUGHEY LIVES? DOES ANYONE KNOW HER HOME ADDRESS? If you do, please send it to us and we’ll publish it. Then Americans can prove to Russians that they are not slaves, they do not sit back passively and allow themselves to be killed by vampires like McCaughey. Americans fight back, right? We’ll see. Send your information on her address to: ames@exiledonline.com

Mark Ames is the author of Going Postal: Rage, Murder and Rebellion from Reagan’s Workplaces to Clinton’s Columbine. You can reach him at ames@exiledonline.com.

Click the cover & buy the book!

Read more: , Mark Ames, Fatwah

• 1. Barbara J. Stephenson  |  February 17th, 2009 at 12:35 pm

The stupid and hate-filled author of this criminal incitement is in hiding in Panama.

What’s your home address Mark? You blithering coward.

write: panamaweb@state.gov

• 2. Ames  |  February 17th, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Well of course you know you are evil, so I won’t belabor that point. What I don’t understand is why theft, in the form of socialism, or anarchy, is justified.

While we’re talking about deserving targets, why don’t we talk about Mark Ames? He wants to seize everything you have, and distribute it to his socialist thug buddies. Me personally, I have nothing but I’m still too much of a slave to want to take it from someone else. If someone is rich, I bow down before them, I just can’t help it. My kind of slavish thinking is what America is built on.

• 3. SukieTawdry  |  February 17th, 2009 at 12:58 pm

So, THIS is the wing of the Internet that houses the loony bin. One thing for sure, when they come to haul Ames away in cuffs (or a straight jacket, whichever comes first), no one among his friends, neighbors and associates will be saying things like “gee, he was always so quiet and unassuming; never gave anybody a lick of trouble; just an average guy living a quiet life, who could have guessed one day he’d unload two clips at an HMO clinic…”

• 4. Ashcroft  |  February 17th, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Great shot, Ames. Let’s see if this can turn into Hoffschneider Pt2

• 5. aleke  |  February 17th, 2009 at 2:41 pm

haha these articles make the beigists really come out of the woodwork, i love it

• 6. The Internet  |  February 17th, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Well well well….

I think you might start an internet revolution. Write more of these damnit. What do you even do with your time? Me, I do nothing with my time but post comments anonymously once in awhile. I’m what you’d call a “fag,” but hey, so what. Sue me. I’m gutless and anonymous, but I can flame sometimes not so badly. Damn, I admire you.

• 7. Kavuye Toon  |  February 17th, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Seeing the sites these people came from is an odd experience. They don’t even have arguments ,just some vague lists of straw men and non sequiturs. Being a republican requires a pathological personality and a total rejection of logic I guess.

• 8. Happycrow  |  February 17th, 2009 at 9:22 pm

@#11, Wengel:

Learn some history, dude. Engel was guilty as shit, and he admitted it.

• 9. PsychoKiller  |  February 17th, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Hey Mark
    Yeah I can tell you where she lives but don’t feel comfortable telling you by email. Howsabout if you publish your address somewhere on the site so I’ll know where to drop by in person to tell you?

• 10. Charlie Brown  |  February 18th, 2009 at 8:01 am

The lack of maturity of the people on this forum is astounding. The spoiled mouthy little cretins under 30 are such a useless group of humanity. The next 10 years or so under the rule of real Marxists should help with their maturity as they sell condoms on street corners Dude!

• 11. BIG Mark Ames Fan  |  February 18th, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Just wanted to say that I bought Ames’ books, they pretty much changed my life.

• 12. oswald  |  February 18th, 2009 at 4:27 pm

I’d like to shoot all you fuckwits, starting with Ames.

What a bunch of amoral idiots.

• 13. hogsman  |  February 18th, 2009 at 6:49 pm

little too extreme…i think she is a babe..i would gladly take her and keep her as my sex slave..

• 14. wengler  |  February 19th, 2009 at 3:30 am

#56

If you have a source for that I would be interested in knowing it. And even if he had committed the crime, it gives no justification whatsoever for hanging the other anarchist leaders.

• 15. BaronaSanDiego  |  February 19th, 2009 at 5:30 pm

You are doing some riske things in this post, and also I don’t think is wise to speaks names with the Russians, but yes, the one that broke te health system need some kind of responsibility here.

• 16. tony58  |  February 20th, 2009 at 6:37 am

Hanging is too good for her! Pump her full of the “medications” she represents until she loses her mind! and broadcast that!!!

• 17. Tyler Bass  |  February 20th, 2009 at 9:09 am

On the off chance that the person above (51) claiming to be the Panamanian Ambassador is not a troll, I offer my two cents.

Your request that Ames publish his home address on the eXile — should he wish to publish McCaughey’s — is a fair one. However, having entered into this, you would have to publish your own home address and trim your security detail down to a level equal to that of Ames’ own.

On a more important note, if you are the Panamanian Ambassador, why are you spending your time insulting some blogger? Your comments do not reflect the “Diplomacy In Action” slogan posted on State’s website header.

• 18. rick  |  February 20th, 2009 at 4:20 pm

The first time I read this, I was a little freaked Ames was going there. The second time I read it, I laughed a lot. Like physically. From a wholly valid point of view, a few pissed off poor people murdering idiot assholes is just what this country needs. I ain’t doin’ it myself, but look at history.

You gotta THINK to rearrange your pitiful neolithic moral sensibilities. THINKING is tough territory, but come on, it’d be glorious if some freakshow loser killed Madoff, it’s like a Mafia fucking message.

• 19. J Adsmanson  |  February 20th, 2009 at 5:27 pm

You sir are what they call on the left a Useful Idiot. If the things you propose are carried out in full, you will be one of the first to fall and I will be one of the last to mourn. Joe

• 20. jonolan  |  February 24th, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Mr. Ames, proof that abortion should be condoned – and required – in the case of incest. 😉

• 21. The_Cynic  |  February 24th, 2009 at 7:40 pm

Great post. I definitely agree with the sentiments. Americans! get off your knees, take that elitist plutocrat cock out of your mouth! – On another note, Ames you should move your hosting and domain registrar out of the USA. Register.com and MediaTemple don’t give a shit about the 1st amendment and will pull your shit at the 1st email they receive from a lawyer. Look to host in Panama and register in Hong Kong.

• 22. Betsy McCaughey  |  February 24th, 2009 at 10:10 pm

This article is TOTALLY NOT FUNNY Mark. >:(

My views on health insurance are perfectly rational, and anyone who disagrees is a crazy communist. And evil.

• 23. RAZANT  |  February 28th, 2009 at 7:51 am

What is it Mark……….the scabies or the drugs that make you so totally fucked up and more dangerous than so many other people you fear?
    You in fact are the one who should be taken out and I will laugh my ass off if it happens. Please, someone…………make my day!

• 24. jimbo  |  March 5th, 2009 at 9:31 pm

That’s HARD-WORKING, REAL American to you, sir!

• 25. John Sawyer  |  March 10th, 2009 at 10:45 pm

I can relate to the anger Mark Ames is expressing, and maybe he’s sincere in wanting to see “wave upon wave of demented avengers” killing the bankers, etc. responsible for the economic collapse. Or maybe he’s exaggerating to communicate an emotional point. If he’s sincere, I wonder who he will kill first.

But here’s an excerpt from his Wikipedia page:

“I’d hate to be Georgia [the former Soviet state] right now. So many American pundits have plans for the Georgians, brilliant schemes designed to get Georgia into a big war with the Russians. “Here’s what you oughta do….” It’s like listening in on bar talk—some drunk trying to talk a 98-pound weakling into a rematch with the hulking thug who just put him on the floor. Funny thing, they never want to prove their theory themselves.”

Personally, I’m educating myself, and making plans, not on how to kill the people responsible, but how, through legal means, including exposure (which Ames is good at), to at least seriously reduce their ability, and that of similar people that follow, to repeat what they did to the economy, in ways that may hopefully have a longer-lasting impact than simply going out and shooting people. The death penalty does nothing to prevent the production of more murderers–in the same fashion, killing corporate criminals will do nothing to prevent more from always springing up, becoming ever-cleverer in trying to implement their hopes of either being the ones to get away with it, or at least “living well” until they have to go to prison.

• 26. Here ya go  |  May 17th, 2009 at 2:50 pm

• 27. Frasse  |  May 18th, 2009 at 3:41 am

McCaughey is just a tool with a IQ well below the average for a monkey (apologizing to the monkeys for writing that). People should me mad at the politicians and especially the insurance companies that lobbied to stop universal health care. I think Ames should encourage people to burn down more corporate offices and the (private)houses of management. Burn down the house of the people with power that shares the ideas of McCaughey, or don’t vote for them,you will save your self some work but burning down stuff is fun.

• 28. prorock  |  May 19th, 2009 at 10:16 am

I say if free dissemination of facts and ideas leads to someone going postal on the subject, well, gosh, what the alternative ? They’re robbing you of your means of livelyhood, indeed most of what constitutes your life and you should just submit to it ?

• 29. Kirby  |  July 16th, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Go crawl in your little socialist cave and leave the rest of us productive, strong, proud members of the human race to advance.
    Socialists are nothing but a parasitic burden on society.

• 30. Aaron  |  August 27th, 2009 at 9:36 am

“There will be no more talk of austerity without blood. Too many people thought their lives would be better or more prosperous to go down without consequence.”

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA fuck.

• 31. John  |  July 14th, 2010 at 1:13 am

Unfortunately he may be correct. Some economists estimate that the “economic downturn” or 2nd Great Depression is just in it’s infancy and that as more jobs fly to China and India, the US economy will only get worse.

Killing the rich top 1-5% of America may be the only economic move America has left. Some Billionaires have even decided that life in the EU is preferable to life in the US, which is tantamount to T R E A S O N.

Whether it’s hanging, sniper, car-bomb, or a knife in the chest in their living room, if the (intelligence?) community confirms treason to the Republic (working against the common good) these people should be killed.

• 32. Plutocratocide  |  September 3rd, 2010 at 6:11 am

If I knew her address I’d give it to you and every vicious sociopath and sadist I could find.

• 33. ceanf  |  November 30th, 2010 at 7:31 am

Ames, you are not an idiot and you are a great writer–which is why Vanity Fair profiled you.

However, here’s my libertarian Ms. Crabtree nya nya nya comment, straight from the AEI’s website:

Didn’t you learn that using profanity in writing just demonstrates a lack of creativity in your writing 101 class? And your naivety is stunning. This whole debate over health care isn’t only about the rich not wanting their taxes raised so that other americans can have free health care. No, you narrow minded fool, it is about so much more. It is about whether the federal government has any business running a health care racket. It is about the unconstitutionality of requiring americans to buy a product as a condition of citizenship. It is about the fact that obamacare is going to drive up health care costs and drive down competition. It is about our government, loaded with debt, not being able to afford another huge entitlement. So next time you decide to spit your vitriol about some ‘plutocrat’ and how she wants all americans to die, why do you step back and use that tiny thing in between your ears. you may just find that you finally have something relevant to say.

• 34. Strange lights in the sky.  |  October 8th, 2011 at 11:17 am

So you lose your job, business, home, family…whatever. So what are you going to do? Suicide? Ok that may solve your problems, but why not take a rich bastard along for company, at least you’ll have done something worthwhile with your miserable life.

• 35. T Caldwell  |  September 2nd, 2012 at 9:08 am

There’s something wrong with me. This is the ranting of a lunatic commentard. Or is this moronic? If so, please give up trying to be a commenter. And thanks for improving me, I am indeed a retard.